The College of Architecture and Urban Studies at Virginia Tech is a global leader in architecture, art, construction, design, and public and international affairs. Founded in 1964, the college houses four top-ranked schools: the School of Architecture + Design, Myers-Lawson School of Construction, the School of Public and International Affairs, and the School of Visual Arts. Today, CAUS is home to more than 2,300 students, 300 faculty and staff, 15,000 active alumni, and hundreds of industry partners from around the globe.
CAUS IN VT NEWS
- Researchers examine impact of digital information on COVID-19 decisions and behavioron October 21, 2020 at 12:29 pm
The study, funded by a National Science Foundation Rapid Response Research grant, will shed light on decision-making […]
- Fighting COVID with designon October 7, 2020 at 4:01 pm
Bobby Vance, alumnus and former faculty member in the College of Architecture and Urban Studies, led design of a COVID […]
- The Market of Virginia Tech helps provide healthy food to students in needon September 29, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Supported by a $1.5 million donation by the alumni couple Hema and Mehul Sanghani, the university recently launched an […]
- Cadets’ service projects deliver major boost to on-campus package distributionon September 23, 2020 at 3:00 pm
Maintaining strong physical distancing, donning face coverings, and bringing with them an enduring Ut Prosim spirit, […]
- Virtual discussion highlights College of Architecture and Urban Studies' strategic vision, connection to university prioritieson September 21, 2020 at 1:28 pm
During a virtual update and Q&A session on Sept. 9, Dean Richard Blythe spearheaded a discussion that highlighted […]
The best way to learn about programs in the college is to come visit us. Learn more about campus visits here.
What's it like being a CAUS student?
GET TO KNOW CAUS
Our diverse disciplines are united in one common goal: We build resilient, thriving communities – and design spaces and places that allow people to live better lives. Through our classes, research, community outreach, industry partnerships, and the graduates we produce, CAUS is fulfilling that promise.