The College of Architecture and Urban Studies at Virginia Tech is a global leader in architecture, art, construction, design, and public and international affairs. Founded in 1964, the college houses four top-ranked schools: the School of Architecture + Design, Myers-Lawson School of Construction, the School of Public and International Affairs, and the School of Visual Arts. Today, CAUS is home to more than 2,300 students, 300 faculty and staff, 15,000 active alumni, and hundreds of industry partners from around the globe.
CAUS IN VT NEWS
- Israel seeks spoiler role in Iran nuclear deal, says Virginia Tech experton April 12, 2021 at 6:59 pm
"Israel is declaring loud and clear that it wants to play the role of ‘spoiler’ in any newly hatched nuclear deal […]
- Students design safe-distancing circles for communityon April 2, 2021 at 1:13 pm
Thanks to Virginia Tech students Kirat Pandher and Joonyoung Kang, Blacksburg residents and visitors have visual cues […]
- FutureHAUS making return trip to Dubai for Expo2020on April 1, 2021 at 12:25 pm
The award-winning, high-tech, solar-powered house designed and built by students from the College of Architecture and […]
- Virginia Tech gives details on in-person commencement ceremonies and how to sign upon March 31, 2021 at 6:00 pm
The university will host 15 commencement ceremonies in Lane Stadium to recognize individual graduates with up to four […]
- Graduate Education Week honors outstanding master's and doctoral degree studentson March 31, 2021 at 1:20 pm
The students are chosen by their colleges each year for their excellent leadership, scholarship, research, and service […]
The best way to learn about programs in the college is to come visit us. Learn more about campus visits here.
What's it like being a CAUS student?
GET TO KNOW CAUS
Our diverse disciplines are united in one common goal: We build resilient, thriving communities – and design spaces and places that allow people to live better lives. Through our classes, research, community outreach, industry partnerships, and the graduates we produce, CAUS is fulfilling that promise.