The College of Architecture and Urban Studies at Virginia Tech is a global leader in architecture, art, construction, design, and public and international affairs. Founded in 1964, the college houses four top-ranked schools: the School of Architecture + Design, Myers-Lawson School of Construction, the School of Public and International Affairs, and the School of Visual Arts. Today, CAUS is home to more than 2,300 students, 300 faculty and staff, 15,000 active alumni, and hundreds of industry partners from around the globe.
CAUS IN VT NEWS
- University Exemplary Department or Program Awards honor effective teaching with a global perspectiveon February 9, 2021 at 5:59 pm
UEDPA 2020 recognizes excellence in teaching and learning, and effectiveness in developing and sustaining effective […]
- U.S. return to the Iran nuclear deal: A slowly simmering crisis and drawn out talks, according to Virginia Tech experton February 2, 2021 at 4:57 pm
The Biden Administration, which is inheriting a polarized country and a monumental pandemic, does not want to have the […]
- Working through challenges of virtual experiential learning leads to lessons learnedon January 25, 2021 at 1:12 pm
Students in the University Libraries' Applied Research in Immersive Experiences and Simulations program have […]
- Virginia Tech set to host 2021 International Science of Team Science Conferenceon January 22, 2021 at 4:28 pm
SciTS 2021 convenes science academics, leaders and members of cross-disciplinary teams, institutional leaders and […]
- National Security Executive Leadership Program offers critical training for rising professionalson January 12, 2021 at 2:24 pm
The upcoming professional development course, offered virtually this year, sets a new standard for national security […]
The best way to learn about programs in the college is to come visit us. Learn more about campus visits here.
What's it like being a CAUS student?
GET TO KNOW CAUS
Our diverse disciplines are united in one common goal: We build resilient, thriving communities – and design spaces and places that allow people to live better lives. Through our classes, research, community outreach, industry partnerships, and the graduates we produce, CAUS is fulfilling that promise.