The College of Architecture and Urban Studies at Virginia Tech is a global leader in architecture, art, construction, design, and public and international affairs. Founded in 1964, the college houses four top-ranked schools: the School of Architecture + Design, Myers-Lawson School of Construction, the School of Public and International Affairs, and the School of Visual Arts. Today, CAUS is home to more than 2,300 students, 300 faculty and staff, 15,000 active alumni, and hundreds of industry partners from around the globe.
CAUS IN VT NEWS
- Exhibit celebrates work of renowned architect and educator Leonard Currieon May 14, 2021 at 1:51 pm
Currie, a renowned architect and educator, led the architecture program at Virginia Tech from 1956 to 1962, laying the […]
- Class of 2021: For Ryan King, campus construction offers a strong foundation for future career pathon May 12, 2021 at 2:21 pm
King has played an integral role in testing cutting-edge robotic technology on university capital construction sites.
- Emily Warwick named 2021 Outstanding Senior for the College of Liberal Arts and Human Scienceson May 11, 2021 at 1:08 pm
“Along with my classes and research in the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, I was able to pursue such a […]
- Gates Breeden named 2021 Outstanding Senior for the College of Architecture and Urban Studieson May 11, 2021 at 12:54 pm
Breeden credited his success within the five-year, professional degree program in the School of Architecture + Design […]
- Academic advisors recognized for exemplary advising by Virginia Techon May 10, 2021 at 11:22 am
Honorees are also nominated for awards through NACADA (Global Community for Academic Advising) which are presented at […]
The best way to learn about programs in the college is to come visit us. Learn more about campus visits here.
What's it like being a CAUS student?
GET TO KNOW CAUS
Our diverse disciplines are united in one common goal: We build resilient, thriving communities – and design spaces and places that allow people to live better lives. Through our classes, research, community outreach, industry partnerships, and the graduates we produce, CAUS is fulfilling that promise.