RECENT IN CAUS NEWS
- FutureHaus takes first place at Solar Decathlon Middle Eastby sshover on November 30, 2018 at 3:48 pm
After years of research and development contributed by over 100 Virginia Tech students and faculty, the FutureHAUS Dubai team has officially built the world’s best solar home. The lone American team earned a first-place victory over 14 other selected teams and more than 60 total entrants of the 2018 Solar Decathlon Middle East, a competition
- House of the future and team await SDME 2018 Resultsby sshover on November 26, 2018 at 4:57 pm
The home of the future is at its temporary residence in the desert — and the Virginia Tech students and faculty who built it are awaiting the results. FutureHAUS Dubai, the innovative, interdisciplinary, and ambitious project to design and build a futuristic, modular smart home, is the lone American team currently competing against 14 other
- Virginia Tech IAWA Work to Save the Work of Women Architectsby sshover on November 5, 2018 at 6:30 pm
The International Archive of Women in Architecture (IAWA) at Virginia Tech is issuing an open call to women architects worldwide to submit a seminal design or drawing to the university’s historical collection. The campaign, dubbed “A Seminal Piece,” is the latest in the IAWA’s three-decades-long effort to capture and preserve the contributions of women in architecture who
- Professor Emeritus, Donald Sunshine, Exhibits in Cowgill Hallby sshover on October 22, 2018 at 1:41 pm
“Social Commentary,” an exhibit by professor emeritus of architecture, Donald Sunshine, was on display in Cowgill Hall lobby this past week. Watercolor paintings and his pen and ink sketchbooks combined to showcase innovative perspectives of big events from our country’s past and present that are meaningful to not only Donald, but to many others. “This
- FutureHAUS is Ready to Compete in Dubaiby sshover on October 12, 2018 at 12:42 pm
After many late nights, research, hard labor, and coffee runs, the FutureHAUS is complete! The competition called the Solar Decathlon is being held in Dubai from November 14th-29th, 2018. After winning the top collegiate prize for the world’s best solar house in 2010, Virginia Tech is planning to do it again this year. Virginia Tech
RECENT IN VT NEWS
- Israel seeks spoiler role in Iran nuclear deal, says Virginia Tech experton April 12, 2021 at 6:59 pm
"Israel is declaring loud and clear that it wants to play the role of ‘spoiler’ in any newly hatched nuclear deal reached with Iran,” said Virginia Tech's Mehrzad Boroujerdi.
- Clubs continue to keep connections close virtuallyon April 23, 2020 at 2:52 pm
Student leaders from various Virginia Tech clubs and organizations have switched to online operations in an effort to ensure that the feeling of community so essential to the university experience lives on.
- Media invited to attend College of Architecture and Urban Studies open house at Research + Demonstration Facility on April 26, 27on April 25, 2019 at 1:38 pm
Media are invited to tour one of Virginia Tech's most dynamic research facilities with the College of Architecture and Urban Studies on April 26 and 27.
- First annual Milka Bliznakov Honorarium awardedon June 27, 2006 at 4:00 am
- Board of visitors approves 2006 promotions, tenure, continued appointmentson June 22, 2006 at 9:00 am
- Breitschmid takes students from Germany on a tour of Swiss architectureon June 15, 2006 at 2:00 pm
- Philip Shafer Kronenberg honored with emeritus statuson June 13, 2006 at 4:00 am
- Architecture graduate student named one of nation's top 15 students, awarded exclusive internship charretteon June 7, 2006 at 4:00 am
- Schweitzer invited to participate in European Union Research Programon June 6, 2006 at 4:00 am
- Building construction student wins Turner Construction Scholarship Awardon June 6, 2006 at 4:00 am
- Internationally known Swiss architects visit to participate in an October symposiumon June 1, 2006 at 4:00 am
- Professor John Rohr to travel to Thailand to continue Thai government analysison May 22, 2006 at 4:00 am
Articles from the CAUS website prior to July 2017.
Emily Roediger, Director of Communications for the College of Architecture and Urban Studies: email@example.com / (540) 231-2108